- Each Board Member has the responsibility to maintain the nonpartisanship nature of the organization.
-Co-Presidents are to refrain from active partisan political activity or active partisan support of a candidate during their term in office.
- Board Members may participate in public political actions (e.g. signing petitions, posting lawn signs, hosting functions, attending event/fundraiser, etc.), as long as these are recognized as their personal actions and do not imply LWVSWMO endorsement.
- Board Members must resign from the Board should they choose to run for an elected office.
- A Board Member may not speak publicly or work against a League position.
- The political activities of the spouse or relative of a Board Member are to be considered as separate and distinct from the activities of the Board Member.
- League members who run for office may mention their membership in the league, if it does not imply that there is an endorsement.
- League members may serve as appointed members of county, city, state or national boards or commissions.
- Every League member must clearly differentiate between personal opinions and League positions.
- When acting in public as League representatives, Members must not allow partisanship to be discernible.
- When acting in public as League representatives, Members must be aware of League positions.
- League members may have yard signs promoting a candidate or a League sign promoting the right to vote, but may not display both signs at the same time.
- Each Member of LWVSWMO may have a personal party affiliation and are encouraged to become informed about candidates and issues.
- LWVSWMO Social Media and official correspondence will reflect the League's nonpartisan nature and will be posted/authored by authorized members only.
Approved October 23, 2017